Monday 11 April 2011

Getting Closer

I’m taking a break from the ‘passing of time in one picture’ and looking at other ‘Things you never see’. Although for this post it is things you see all the time, but not quite in the way they are shown in the photographs.

I always liked those photographs you used to see in children’s science magazines of objects taken from unusual angles and you had to guess what the objects were. I thought that I would take up that idea, but using close-up photography. Also I wanted my pictures to have a lot more interest and style about them than the old science photos. I wanted them to be interesting pictures in their own right – rather like abstract art.

I used the super-macro feature on my camera to get up close. I find that you can get in surprisingly close using this feature. It is almost like looking through a very strong magnifying glass. To give you a clue, all the objects shown were taken in our kitchen. But first of all, please decide whether you think they are interesting photos, then try and guess the objects. Answers are at the bottom of this post – but no peeping there first!




Now scroll down for the answers






Keep on going






Down a bit more






A bit more






Speaker grille from a CD player, Dish brush, Fork, Kitchen paper towel.





















How did you do? Did you like the pictures? Please let me know. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment